Friday, May 21, 2010

Enjoying Your ‘Work’


Confucius, who lived around 500 B.C., said 'If you enjoy what you do, you will never work another day in your life.' Well, I work for a pretty cool company (SAP), and we just had our customer conference - SAPPHIRE NOW. It was a truly slick event, as it was held simultaneously in Orlando, Florida and Frankfurt, Germany. And not only that, it was blogged and tweeted and satellite broadcast around the world.

The consensus is that there was an energy coming from those events, based on the strategy that was shared and the direction our company is going. Sir Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Group and former vice-president Al Gore, were both keynote speakers and shared wonderful insights about how with great opportunity, comes great responsibility.

All of these inputs and insights and discussions and blogs, led me to appreciate the company I work for. Are we too busy? Yup. Do we work crazy hours? Who doesn’t? But I am fortunate to really enjoy, not to mention learn from, the people I work with and those that I manage. If you are reading this post, I hope you enjoy the work that you do. If not, find parts of it that you do like and do those to the best of your ability. You never know what doors that will open.

No comments:

Post a Comment